February 2, 2020 @ 11:00 am
07828 Santa Agnès de Corona
FESTA DE S’AMETLLA DE CORONA 2020 – SANTA AGNES DE CORONA ALMOND FESTIVAL @ SANTA INES
from 11.00 – 17.00 hrs
Celebrate Ibiza’s almonds with an almond grove tour, almond tasting, exhibitions and confectionary almond workshops with local chefs.
The Festa of S’Ametlla de Corona started Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 January, with the technical days of grafting of young almonds esporgas, organized by the Council of Ibiza together with the Association of neighbors of Santa Agnès.
The seminars will include a theory class and a practical session at the young almond plantations in the Pla de Corona.
Almond grafting is currently the only way to preserve the traditional varieties of almonds in Ibiza.
From 11.00 to 13.00 a stroll to “s´Avenc des Pouàs”
Meeting point, church square. With the APE (Associació Pageses Emprenyades)
– From 12.00 to 17.00h Produce made from Almond exhibition : almond varieties, cooking workshops…
– 11.45 hrs Ioana Manolache: Milk, biscuits, ricotta made of almonds.
– 12.30 hrs Marina Ribas Torres: Almond and carob cream
– 13.15 hrs Maria José Amengual: Caramelized almonds
– 14.00 hrs Giant paella, popular price. In aid of AECC