IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT concerning LOCKDOWN @ IBIZA
ALL IBIZA EVENTS PLANNED UP UNTIL APRIL 11th, 2020 HAVE EITHER BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE, OR CANCELLED !!
Major events such as: The Medieval Festival Ibiza 2020 and the International Music Summit 2020 are cancelled !!
The King of Spain announced a state of emergency from March 14th.
The Balearic government did a press conference March 13th, declaring:
“We close all places where we think there may be crowds, so public services will be closed and cultural events suspended.
On March 15th, 00.00 hrs – The Ibiza Lockdown was implemented and Ibiza residents were asked to stay at home until March 31st, in order to isolate the virus. On Sunday March 22, the PM announced that ‘due to the explosive increase in the number of infections, the state of emergency is extended by another 15 days (until April 11th) to counter the spread of the virus in Spain.’ The Spanish government will officially meet on this decision, on March 25th.
Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has announced a number of measures which will be applied in the WHOLE country, including Ibiza.
– Restaurants and Bars will be closed. But home delivery services are allowed.
– Retail trade activity is forbidden.
– Roads and Access points can be closed.
– ALL Education Centres will be closed.
– There will be a limit on the freedom of movement.
One is allowed to:
* Leave home (once a week) to buy basic products and supplies.
* Visit Health Centers, Hospitals and Pharmacies.
* Go to work, if open.
* Go to the bank.
* Walk your pets.
* Visit or take care of elderly & dependet people or those with any disability.
Also you can visit Tobacco Shops, Veterinary surgeries, Petrol Stations and Technology shops.
* All businesses will be closed with the following exceptions:
– Petrol station
– Medical centers
– Telephone companies
– Private doctors
*Airport services will be greatly restricted and reinforcedement of entry and exit controls has been implemented at ports and airport.
Many flight companies already closed services. and flights are being cancelled last mnute.
From March 19th the Ibiza Airport will see:
– 1 flight per day between Ibiza and Mallorca (Air Nostrum/Iberia)
– 1 flight per day between Barcelona (Vueling)
– 3 flights per week between Madrid on Wed, Fri, Sun (Iberia)
Be aware that one has to prove residency before boarding, and on arrival.
*All security services and the armed forces will be deployed to ensure the security of the lockdown.
Keep well and we will keep you posted