Ibiza 4 all
animals provides relevant information
about animals and pets on Ibiza.
Ibiza does not know very much different animal species that live in the wild.
They are most especially numerous different species of birds that live, sometimes temporarily, on the island.
There are eagles to be seen every now and then, but mostly many spoonbills, coot and sedge warbler are found in salt pans of Ses Salinas as are the striking flamingo's, who guard theirs nests here closely from mid April until May.
The creature one comes across very frequently on Ibiza, even inside the houses, is the Pityusen- or wall lizard. They are funny, fast and harmless creatures that only live on the Balearic Islands, and that frequently flash along just before your feet.
Podarcis pityusensis - Ibiza wall lizard
A good example of small island evolution, with many
different subspecies across the insulated Balearic Islands.
There are also some
other lizard species
living on Ibiza and a few harmless snake species, gecko's, frogs,
turtles and hedgehogs, and furthermore rabbits, bats
and genets, large wild cats.
And then there is the sea around Ibiza island which also houses many living creatures such as barracudas, dolphins and many other fish, and furthermore spongy, cuttlefish and octopuses.
The Podenco is considered one of the oldest dog breeds and some varieties are still almost entirely pure-bred. One of the advantages of the secluded location of an island.
* It is the same dog that was depicted on tomb of Tutankhamen.
As we all often have seen with our own eyes, many people in countries around the
Mediterranean Sea do not care too much about animals. Straying or frail animals are often simply abandoned to their fate!
So on Ibiza there were, animal welfare organisations mostly initiated by foreigners.
One very important animal welfare organization is CARE4CATS, that come to Ibiza twice a year, to trap, neuter and return stray cats. We strongly encourage you all to make donations to ensure that this humane and effective method to reduce feral cat populations, can continue its important work !!
Especially German organizations have worked for neglected and abandoned animals to provide a good shelter. Here you will find an overview of these bodies:
General - Animal protection organizations
- EMERGENCY NUMBER FOR ANIMALS: 112
- CARE4CATS - UK registered charity, founded in 2000 to help thousands of stray and feral cats in Ibiza.
- DUO Ibiza - Animal protection organization in Ibiza
- Animal Shelter D.U.O. for Dogs, tel. +34 971 197 430 (german-speaking)
- Animal Shelter D.U.O. for Cats, tel. +34 971 325 246 (german-speaking)
- Animal Refuge Ibiza: tel. +34 971 398 537 or +34 626 103 569 (german-speaking)
- Animal-Legal Aid ADDA tel. +34 689 772 124 (english-/spanish-speaking)
- Casa Animales Eivissa - tel. 971 398 537 or +34 699 102 963
- Centro de Recuperación de Animales Eivissa - tel: +34 971 192 281 (spanish-speaking)
- Horse-Shelter: Tel. +34 971 347 437 (german-speaking)
- T.I.N.I. – Animals in need Ibiza: Apdo. d. C. 60, E-07830 San José, tel: +34 971 800 152 (german-speaking)
- Veterinary Clínica Vet. Siesta +34 971 338 542 - emergency number: +34 600 580 880 (german-speaking)
- Veterinary: Clínica Veterinaria +34 971 197 400 - emergency number: +34 659 636 150 (german-speaking)
- Main Dog catcher Ibiza: On the whole island:: Can Dog +34 971 32 52 84 (spanish-speaking)
Ibiza -Town - veterinarian clinic
- Centro de Recuperación de Animales Eivissa: Municipalities Ibiza-Town & Sant Antoni:
tel. +34 971 192 281 (spanish-speaking, opening hrs. 12-14 hrs. )
- Ibican Clinica Veterinaria, Calle Canarias, 41, Eivissa - tel: +34 971 194 644
- Clinica Veterinaria Pablo Garcia, Carrer de Joan Planells, 11, Bajo, tel. +34 971 301 383
- Clinica Veterinaria Roberto Vidal, V. Romana, 1, 07800, tel. +34 971 304 226
- Garcia Vanrell p. Joan Planells, 11 07800, tel. +34 971 301 383
- Clinica Veterinaria Serra YepeS, Calle Navarra, 9, Eivissa 07800, tel. +34 971 300 674
- Vidal Pereyra, V. Romana, 1 07800, tel. +34 971 304 226
- Clinica Veterinaria Puig den Valls, Urbanización Ciudad Jardín II, s/n, Eivissa - tel: +34 971 315 223
- Martin Rodriguez Montiel, Sant Cristòfol, 20 , Eivissa - tel: +34 971 315 399
San Josep - veterinarian clinic
- T.I.N.I. – Animals in need Ibiza : Apdo. d. C. 60, E-07830 San José, (german speaking)
tel: +34 971 800 152
- Clinica Veterinaria San Jorge, Ctra. De L aeroport, km 3 (St. Jordi Salines)07830, tel. +34 971 396 138
- Veterinaria Port des Torrent, Avenida San Agustín, 216, San Agustin, San Jose Tel: +34 971 804 022
- Lina Torres Torres, Cas Metge, 7, San Jose - tel: +34 971 800 812
- Ribas del Rio, F., Atenes, 10 , San Jordi, San Jose - tel: +34 971 300 064
- Veterpalma S.L. Ruda, 2 , San Jordi, San Jose - tel: +34 971 302 904
San Antonio - veterinarian clinic
- Ibican Clinica Veterinaria Sant Antoni, Bartomeu Vicent Ramon, s/n San Antonio, tel. +34 971 341 516
- Clinica Veterinaria Arturo Ramos, Calle Ramon y Cajal 40 , San Antonio - tel: +34 971 347 979
- Ramos Garcia, R. Cajal, 40 07820, tel. +34 971 347 979
San Juan - veterinarian clinic
- FUNDACION HUMANA RESORT Par. Venda de Benirras, s/n , San Miguel, San Juan - tel: +34 971 334 149
- Martina Rita Czolgoszewski & Haike Braun Cdad., Ctra. Eivissa-s. Joan, s/n (st. Llorenç Balafia),
07810 tel. +34 971 325 070
Santa Eulalia - veterinarian clinic
- Clinica Veterinaria Sta. Gertrudis - Deutsche Tierarztpraxis, Haike Braun. Sta Gertrudis, next to Libro Azul
tel. +34 971 197 400 - emergency number +34 659 636 150 - Opening hrs. mo - fri 0.00 hrs - 14.00 hrs
- Centro Veterinario Jesus, Carrer Del Faisà, 4, Santa Eulalia - tel. +34 971 312 929
- Clinica Veterinaria Kans, Calle Sant Vicenç, 77, Santa Eulalia - tel: +34 971 332 633
- Centro Veterinario Patagonia Calle Struc 22 Bajos , Nuestra Senora de Jesus, Santa Eulalia - tel: +34 971 598 404
- Centro Veterinario Pitiuso, Calle del Mar, 11, Santa Eulalia - tel: +34 971 319 696
- Felix Fando M., Ctra. Sta. Eularia (Jesus), 5 (ntra. Sra. Jesus) 07840, tel. +34 971 312 929
- Mari Cardona E. M., San Vicente, 77 07840, tel. +34 971 332 633
- Real del Barco M. A., Iglesia, s/n 07840, tel. +34 971 332 278
- Siesta Petunias, 9 , Santa Eulalia - tel: +34 971 338 542
- Torres Mari, J. Ctra. Eivissa-Sant Miquel, KM 1’7 , Nuestra Senora de Jesus, Santa Eulalia - tel: +34 971 311 831
following requirements concern the
non-commercial importing of
It’s considered non-commercial if importing only up to five animals without commercial purposes (not being part of a sale or with the intention to sell).
The entry of dogs, cats, or ferrets under three months of age is not allowed.
In Ibiza the ownership of certain types of dogs is subject to strict requirements regarding registration and safety. You will also find information about the fauna that originally lives on Ibiza.
You will find all about Ibiza ANIMALS in this IBIZA 4 ALL directory
Care 4 Cats - Caring for feral cats in Ibiza
organisation registered in England, which was established in
2000 to help the thousands of abandoned, stray & feral cats in
All info >>
EIVISSA ANIMAL CENTRE
The need for a professional and fully
(managed by a local Ibizan vet
assisted by volunteer vets)
animal shelter in Ibiza is clear.
Therefore the initiators of this plan, CARE4CATS IBIZA have now joined forces with Asociacion Gatos Atendidos (AGA), a Spanish registered charity, and are dedicated to raise funds through entertaining FUNDRAISING events all over the island.
Don't miss out, and dont forget to donate for the best cause, animals!